People often ask how long their roof will keep their homes safe and what they can do to maximize their investment. The type of roof is one of the factors affecting a roof’s lifespan, yet this is only one phase in the decision-making process. Although quality influences the roof’s lifespan, other factors play a vital role. Poor maintenance is the leading cause behind the decreasing life of a roof. The materials used, installation and maintenance, to the climate in which you live affect the lifespan of your roof. Hiring a leading roof contractor in Pasadena is the best decision to ensure quality roof installation.
The lifespan of an Asphalt Roof
Asphalt shingles have three different types.
Generally, the manufacturer offers a 25-year warranty on 3-tab shingles. A 30-year manufacturer warranty is offered with dimension shingles.
A professionally fitted and vented asphalt roof should have a lifespan of 80 to 85 percent. As a result, you may anticipate your 3-tab shingle roof lasting 20 to 22 years and your dimensional shingles lasting 25 to 28 years.
However, homeowners do not pay attention to the other side of the story. Although roof quality and installation matter, having a poor maintenance routine affects the lifespan. Moreover, it is necessary to have adequate attic ventilation for better roofing health. If you do not fulfill the requirements, you may have to schedule an expert visit for a roof replacement service.
You can connect with one of the best roofing companies in Long Beach for cutting-edge services.
Factors Affecting the Roofing Lifespan
- Sun exposure level because too much sunlight may weaken a roof over time.
- Extreme temperature fluctuations and weather affect the durability of the roof.
- Colored roofs have a longer lifespan than darker colors.
- A total slope or high pitch is better for a roof.
- The life of a roof shortens by two-layered roofing.
- Local trees, leaf debris, and wear from tree branches can damage roofing.
- Installation quality matters as superior installation extend roofing life while amateur
installation technique shortens it.
- Attic ventilation quality plays a role because poorly ventilated attics reduce the roofing lifespan.
- Roofing supplies quality influences the lifespan as economic choices do not last long.
You should contact a trustworthy roofing contractor to protect your roof investment. The experts install quality asphalt roofs using the best installation techniques, increasing the lifespan of your roof.
Therefore, hiring a roofing contractor with a proven track record of successful installations is essential. Your roof’s lifespan will decrease if they do not apply proper roofing practices, and you will require a roof replacement much earlier than necessary.
Consulting a certified expert for roof repair in Downey can help you make the best decision.
Your contractor’s way of working impacts the lifespan of your asphalt roof, regardless of whether you only require repairs or a complete roof replacement.